Transferring files to the Rip-N-Play
Posted by John Cook on 02 September 2014 12:45 PM
The folders made available on the RIP-N-PLAY root are all READ-ONLY, apart from any folder found under the FILES folder.
While you can transfer from any folder found on the RIP-N-PLAY, you can only transfer to folders found within the FILES folder.
Below is an example of transfering an mp3 file to the RIP-N-PLAY using a Windows 7 PC:
- Click on the Windows Start Button and in the search field type \\ripnplay and then Enter
- A new Explorer window will open, showing the contents of the RIP-N-PLAY.
- Navigate to the Files Folder as all other folders in the root of the RIP-N-Play are Read-only
- Navigate to the folder where you would like to transfer the files to. In our case \\files\music\mp3
- Open the local location where you would like to transfer the files from
- Using drag and drop or copy and paste, copy the files from the local location to the RIP-N-PLAY selected folder
For a visual example please go to: